Saturday 15 October 2016

‘Vincent Enyeama Set To Return To Super Eagles’ – Coach Gernot Rohr

Enyeama-Nigeria

Super Eagles technical adviser Gernot Rohr has made a stunning revelation of a possible return for former Nigeria captain Vincent Enyeama who quit the Super Eagles last year.
Rohr noted that Enyeama will return to the Super Eagles once the team has fought for, and clinched the ticket to the Russia 2018 World cup.
Rohr has said even though Carl Ikeme has been wonderful, Enyeama will still come back to the team to add more experience and competition
“I’ve known him (Ikeme) before now. I have seen him in his club, Wolverhampton Wanderers a second division side in England. I like his approach to the game, his concentration, calmness, attitude to training and games.’ Rohr told CompleteSportsNigeria.
“He is a good goalkeeper and I must commend him for his saves in Ndola. Carl kept us in the game by pulling at least three great saves. He was the man of the match against Zambia. Great guy.
“I said it that I wanted Vincent Enyeama to return from retirement and I called him and we spoke with him. He will come back if we qualify for the World Cup. We need very good goalkeepers in the Eagles.
“We have two local goalkeepers whom I don’t know if they will fit in if Carl sustains an injury, so I think we need two big goalkeepers.
“Of course for this moment, Carl is number one. We cannot change him, he will be number one for the next game”

No comments:

Post a Comment